Pale yellow, black
Hugo Family Leader
Victor Hugo is the head of the Hugo family.
The dreaded Victor Hugo is the head of the Hugo crime family. Sure he's known to break down quite often, has leaky seals and gaskets, and is still waiting on major replacement parts to get him back on the road again, but Mr. H has got Karl to haul him and Ivan to tow him wherever he needs to go. Now that he's the leader of an entire crime organization, Victor has the other Lemons shaking in their tires, and he runs the syndicate like the well-oiled machine that he's not!
In Cars 2, Victor uses Ivan, a blue tow truck, as his own personal transportation towing him place to place instead of having to drive on his own. He attends the meeting with the other main heads of the three lemon families (Gremlin, Pacer, Trunkov) in Porto Corsa with Professor Z to discuss their evil plans about discrediting the Allinol by using the electromagnetic pulse generator (disguised as a TV camera) to crash out the racers in the World Grand Prix that use the gas, and ensure that all cars keep using conventional fuel to secure the profits of their "lemon" organization who managed to secure the largest unexplored oil resources in the world.
Near the end of the film, Victor is arrested in London with his fellow lemons.
Cars 2: The Video Game
In Cars 2: The Video Game, Victor makes an appearance as a playable character that is exclusive to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of the game, as he is part of the downloadable content package that is only available on those platforms. He is a light weight, and utilizes more speed than power.
Victor is painted pale yellow, with chrome lining, rims, undercarriage and headlights. He has a black grille sporting the Yugo logo, and a black bumper.
Victor is a 1983 Volgar Hugo NG-1. This is a fictional make and model. He is based on a Yugo GL (Zastava Koral), with some adjustments: the logo V on his front grill, and two separate headlights on each side. Yugos were infamous for being unreliable and were a failure in the United States, hence Victor being the leader of a mafia of unreliable automobiles. Hugo is a clear pun on Yugo.
His license plate reads "PA TRON 93".
Victor is the head of the Hugo Crime Family.
- Victor's pale yellow paint job is identical to the one of a Yugo that appeared in the 1995 film Die Hard with a Vengeance.
- Victor Hugo's name can seem surprising since it's the same name as a famous French writer who wrote the The Hunchback of Notre Dame, which was adapted by Disney in 1996, as well as Les Misérables, which was adapted into one of the most famous stage musicals of all time.
- His tires read Road Hug, the same as Acer, Fred Pacer, Vladimir Trunkov and a British Police Officer.
- Along with Grem, Acer, Professor Z and Miles Axlerod, Victor Hugo is playable (downloadable) in Cars 2: The Video Game even though they are villains. However, it could be that they are part of the simulation.
- "Ivan, why do you insult me so by making me wait here?"
- Victor Hugo: "Is the big boss here yet?"
Vladimir Trunkov: "No, not yet."
Tubbs Pacer: "He's supposed to be here any minute."
- —Victor Hugo's asks if the Big Boss arrived.
|Cars 2: The Video Game|