Tony Trihull was a combat ship.
In Cars 2, Tony was one of the two heavily-equipped combat ships who worked for Miles Axlerod and Professor Zündapp. He served as a guard and transportation for them and other lemons. He was first seen in the beginning of the film, where he confronted Crabby, who has Finn McMissile aboard him, and told him to turn around while pointing his laser weapon at him, which forced Crabby to leave. Without Tony knowing, Finn McMissile stowed away on him where Tony arrives at the oil rigs. He was later sent to intercept and destroy McMissile but was fooled by the spare tires. He was again seen towards the end in London, when Professor Z is trying to escape, yelling for the Professor to hurry and get aboard him. Finn McMissile stops the Professor with metal wires which forced Tony to use a magnet to pull the Professor to him. McMissile tries to use his machine guns to disable the magnet but fails as the guns are sucked onto the magnet, he then unleashes all the missiles and sticky charges he has, of which all stick onto the magnet, resulting in a huge explosion obliterating Tony as Holley Shiftwell flies over the blast. In Cars 2: The Video Game, he appeared in the intro scene riding around the oil rig. Then, he appeared in one of the Oil Rig tracks, where if you get caught in a spot light, he would say something like "You don't belong here." Then a weapon will be aimed at you, and the weapon would blow you up.
Tony is modeled after the USS Independence (LCS-2), a trimaran Littoral Combat Ship in service with the U.S. Navy. It is reflected in his hull number (02) and last name "Tri-Hull".
Weaponry and Gadgets
- Magnet: Attached to a cable, this magnet helps Tony attract any metallic object.
- Independent shooter: Located at Tony's sides, these guns are controlled independently by a car in the cabin.
- Missile Launcher: Located at Tony's front, these missiles are for standard situations. It comes with a laser guidance system.
- Torpedo Launcher: Located at Tony's sides, these torpedoes are more deadly and are used at desperate times.
- His cannon is a RIM-116 Rolling Airframe Missile.
- When he exploded, the explosion was big enough to kill Finn McMissile and Professor Z, however, in the following scenes, they are unharmed. It is possible that Finn dragged Zundapp underwater to avoid the blast.
- Tony Trihull somewhat resembles a shark in appearance with his grayish texture, pointy nose, gill-shaped side vents and his shape of teeth.
- Tony Trihull: "What are you doing out here?!"
Crabby: "What does it look like, genius? I'm crabbin'!"
Tony Trihull: "Well turn around... and go back where you came from!"
Crabby: "Yeah? And who's gonna make me?"
(Tony deploys his gun)
Crabby: "All right! All right! Don't get your prop in a twist!"
- —Tony forces Crabby to turn around.
- Acer: He's getting away!"
Tony Trihull: "Not for long!"
- —Acer and Tony, when Finn was escaping.
- "Hurry, Professor!"
- —Tony's last words, when Professor Z was being chased by Finn McMissile in London.