Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Ned and Zed|
Green, white, orange, black
The Twin Turbos
Team Ripslinger’s bombastic racers Ned and Zed specialize in sabotage. Lacking the skills to actually outrace the competition, they simply eliminate it, propelling boss Ripslinger to victory every single time. Zed, a rowdy and reckless flier, and Ned, a strange bird himself, may not be the sharpest props in the hangar, but they have figured out how to draft off Ripslinger’s fame.
Ned and Zed have liveries of colored in opposite fashion: while Ned is painted green with white wings and decorations, Zed is white with green wings. Ned's racing number is #0, while Zed's racing number is #00.
Ned and Zed's designs are based on the Extra EA-300 aerobatic planes, but with the cockpit windows in a different shape. Their wingspans are 20.3 feet (6.2 meters).
Both their Sky Slycer Mark Five propellers are single two-bladed props.
Despite the disability to actually fly at high speeds, Ned and Zed still compete, but only to eliminate the competition, boosting Ripslinger's chances of winning.
- Ned and Zed were making story references like David and Goliath from the Bible series, and Old Yeller.
- Both are brothers from New Zealand, while the movie shows the US flags on their names.
- Their flying styles are aggressive, and dangerous.
- They are nicknamed "the Twin Turbos".
- Ned's Micro Drifters release incorrectly labels him as his twin Zed.
|Planes: The Video Game|