Green, orange, white
Blue (film, artwork)
Piston Cup racer (former)
Murray Clutchburn is a professional race car that previously raced for the Sputter Stop racing team.
In Cars, Chick Hicks causes a huge accident at the Motor Speedway of the South by bumping Winford Bradford Rutherford, who spins out of control and crashes into Murray. Soon, almost all of the competitors are involved, causing a threat to Lightning McQueen, but he manages to make it through the wreck by carefully avoiding all of the cars. During the chaos Clutchburn ended up on his roof befor being slammed by Ralph Carlow. Following the accident, Clutchburn is able to rejoin the race, receiving only a small amount of cosmetic damage.
Clutchburn competes in the 2016 Piston Cup season in Cars 3. Despite the performance of Jackson Storm and the other next-generation racers, Murray is able to stay in the sport until the Los Angeles 500. However, after that, he retires and gets replaced by a next-generation racer named Sheldon Shifter.
He is a Stodgey Suaver EX. His maximum speed is 190 km/h and his horse power is 640. He is painted dark green, with orange designs on his hood, roof and doors. He has the Sputter Stop logo on his hood, and the number 92 painted on his roof and doors. He also has an orange spoiler, black rims, and a black grille.
Profiles and statistics
- "Murray Clutchburn's first taste of competition was as a member of the 1984 gold winning Olympic test track relay team. You might recognize him from specially marked boxes of Wheelies Shredded Brakes! The momentum of the Olympics carried him straight into mainstream professional racing and a flourishing career in the Piston Cup series in 1985. Lauded for his classic image, Murray sometimes sports his signature exhaust side-burns that made him such a hit with the ladies back in the day."
Names in other languages
- When Chick Hicks starts the accident he hits Winford Bradford Rutherford who then hits Clutchburn but after the scene where Chick says " Ha-ha, get through that McQueen!" James Cleanair is in Clutchburn's place.
- In some scenes and Die neue Allianz Autoversicherung, Murray is mistakenly depicted with green eyelids instead of red.
- His career in Piston Cup Racing Series lasted in 32 years.
- Out of all the Stock Cars that made it to the Los Angeles 500, He, Darren Leadfoot and Ponchy Wipeout are the worst preforming