|Mater Private Eye|
Mater Private Eye is the ninth episode of Cars Toons: Mater's Tall Tales.
Mater was a private investigator solving mysteries. It was 7:15 on a Friday night, Mater was in his office reading different newspapers about counterfeit tires. Tia comes in the room and Mater asks what she wants. Tia says that her sister, Mia, has been carnapped. Tia says that she last saw Mia working for Big D at his night club, the Carbacabana. Mater goes to the night club and asks a singer named Carmen if she's seen Mia anywhere. Carmen says that she saw her a few days ago with Big D and that she smelled salty, like the ocean. Then, one of Big D's henchmen, Clyde, kicks Mater out and breaks one of his headlights for being nosy. Mater then goes to a garbage truck named Stinky and asks him what the "dirt" on the street is. He says he doesn't know, that he's just throwing out lots of flat tires. He says, "It's odd though." because they all smell salty and that he hasn't smelled anything like that ever since he was working at the docks. Then, Mater takes off to the docks. After trying to sneak in by wearing boxes over himself, Big D's henchmen see him and dangle him over the ocean waters. Tia shows up, begging them not to hurt him. Mater now finds out that Tia double-crossed him. Tia claims that she only did it because it was the only way to save her sister. But just before they're going to throw him in the ocean, Lieutenant Lightning McQueen and other police cars arrive. Tia then sets Mater free and he stops Big D by throwing a box on top of him. The box breaks, revealing counterfeit tires. The police then take Big D away to jail. Back in Radiator Springs, Lightning then says that that's the most ridiculous thing he's ever heard. But before either of them can say anything, Carmen shows up telling everybody to Conga. And Mater then dances away with them.
- Lightning McQueen
- Big D
- Mia and Tia
- Dock Pitties
- Mariachi Pitties
- Police Cars
- The Dock Crane
- Somehow, Tia told Big D (just so she could save her sister on her own) that Mater was coming to arrest him so he hoodwink Mater into helping one of the twins because at the end Mater was caught and lifted by a crane and said "I'm being shanghaied!" Then he saw Tia and said, "Tia, you double crossing double crosser." It was all a setup to carnap Mater so Big D could get his revenge, not get caught by the police by Mater, and he didn't want anyone to know that he was behind the fake tires.
- Mater used to have a deep emotional bond and relationship for Tia as it seems. They dated for maybe a few times before their relationship went downhill and got canceled because Tia was very selfish in the relationship, always got Mater in trouble and Mater didn't like where it was heading so, they broke up. She didn't seem really good for his taste anyways. He was mad at her when she entered his office, which means she's not over him, but he is still upset with her about something.
- Most of Mater's PI story could be true considering that right after the story, Carmen and her music band pitties showed up doing a conga and she was like, "Come on Mater, let's conga!" And Mater began dancing funny and followed her while leaving the scene saying, "Right behind you." Indicating that Mater and Carmen met each other before.
- In most episodes, Ramone is seen with his best known paint job, which is purple with flames. However, in this episode, he wears his green paint job (see image).
- This is the first Cars Toons: Mater's Tall Tales episode that has Mater's story in black and white. The 2nd one is Time Travel Mater.
- At the end, Tia says, "I'm not bad, Mater. I just drive that way." This is a switchblade of "I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way," a quote made famous by Jessica Rabbit in the 1988 film, Who Framed Roger Rabbit.
- The club Carbacabana is named after Rio de Janeiro's burgh Copacabana in Brazil.
- When Lightning McQueen goes to Flo's V8 Cafe, Flo is shown to have visible eyelashes on her eyelids, but when the camera cuts to a closer shot, her eyelashes disappear.
- The DVD and Blu-ray subtitles mistakenly refer to Carmen as "Laverne" when she says "Thank you very much!" in Spanish.