Demolition Derby Queen
Mrs. The King
|Friends & Family|
The King (husband)
- Lynda Weathers: "Whatever happens, you're a winner to me, you old daddy rabbit."
Strip Weathers: "Thanks, dear. Wouldn't be nothing without you."
- —Strip Weathers and Lynda Weathers
Lynda Weathers is The King's loving wife.
Lynda was a demolition derby queen and the toughest lady in her class - that is, until The King stole her heart with his gentlemanly charm. It wasn't long before she turned in her roll cage for a two-car garage in the country with her sweet "Daddy Rabbit."
In Cars, Lynda is seen driving with her husband and Tex Dinoco, where she says that no matter what happens, her husband is a winner to her. When her husband gets hit by Chick Hicks at the end of the film, Lightning McQueen pushes the King over the finish line so he can retire with pride. Mrs. The King kisses Lightning on the cheek, thanking him for helping her husband finish his racing career. In the movie credits, she and the King are seen touring Radiator Springs together. She asks to see and meet Doc Hudson, but Mater is unsure of his whereabouts at the present time - but assumes he is out racing, most likely with McQueen.
Lynda is kind and caring, similar to her husband. She is also very tough, as she was once a demolition derby queen.
Lynda is painted bright blue with a gray bumper and rims, and purple headlights.
Lynda is modeled on a 1975 Family Estate Wagon 426 C.I. Hemi Motor. She is also based on a 1974 Chrysler Town & Country station wagon, which is what the Petty family would travel in to watch Richard Petty compete in his races.
It is unknown what Lynda's job is, but it is presumed that she works with Dinoco.
- Merchandise releases and the Cars credits simply call her "Mrs. The King," along with Mater referring to her by that name.
- Junior: "Hey, King! Good luck in your last race. You've sure been an inspiration to me."
The King: "Thanks, Junior. Appreciate it."
Mrs. The King: "Hey, be careful out there, OK?"
The King: "Yeah, man."
- —The King, Mrs. The King and Junior, before The King's last race
- Lynda Weathers: (to Mater) "Excuse me, son. Is Doc Hudson here today?"
Mater: "Sorry, Mrs. The King, I think Doc went out for a drive or somethin'."
- —Lynda asking Mater if Doc is at the Racing Museum.