This article or section contains spoilers regarding an upcoming or recently released product. For those who would like to avoid said information, please turn back or proceed with caution.
Black, grey, blue
Piston Cup race car
- "You have no idea what a pleasure it is for me to finally beat you."
- —Jackson Storm, Cars 3
Jackson Storm is the main, later secondary antagonist of Cars 3 and a custom-built Piston Cup race car. A rookie in the 2017 season, Storm possesses incredible abilities, proving a worthy opponent even to racing veterans such as Lightning McQueen. He races for IGNTR, and his racing number is 2.0 ,which is actually a 20 (a play on the fact he is the "next gen" racer). By the end of the 2017 season, Storm had a record of at least 10 victories, and broke the record for fastest lap ever. He is the main antagonist of the movie.
Cars 3In Cars 3, among the many Piston Cup rookies who make their debut in the 2017 season, Storm is the most significant. He picks up many victories throughout the season, one of which being at the Dinoco 400 at the Motor Speedway of the South. When Lightning McQueen kindly introduces himself, Storm dismisses and mocks the long-time champion. Storm becomes one of the season's frontrunners, beating out rookies and veterans alike, including McQueen. In his debut race at Copper Canyon Speedway, Storm comes in first place, ahead of typical frontrunners Bobby Swift, Cal Weathers, and McQueen.
Storm receives unconventional training, making use of simulations and other advanced technology to perfect his talents. These efforts are monitored by a team of pitties.
During one of the season's races, McQueen is involved in an accident that forces him out of the game. During his recovery, McQueen turns to Rust-eze Racing Center trainer Cruz Ramirez, who helps McQueen train to beat Storm at the Florida 500, an upcoming major Piston Cup event. At the Florida International Speedway, Storm beats the record for fastest lap in Piston Cup history.
When the Florida 500 finally arrives, McQueen is determined to finally beat Storm. Shortly before the race, Storm pulls over to McQueen's pit and arrogantly mocks McQueen and Ramirez, insulting their abilities and paint job, respectively. Throughout the race, McQueen finds himself continuing to struggle against Jackson. Suddenly, Lightning realizes he can send Ramirez out in his place as long as she wears the same sponsor and number. Cruz receives the necessary modifications and heads out to try her own hand at beating Storm. She thinks back to her training with McQueen, and uses the techniques she learned to catch up to Storm. Jackson initially takes no notice of Cruz, until she is right behind him. Thinking quickly, Storm pushes her up against a wall to prevent her from passing him, but Cruz performs a flip maneuver to free herself and pass him, allowing her to cross the finish line and win the race. He does not appear afterwards but it is likely he raged and swore revenge against Cruz.
Cars 3: Driven to Win
Storm will appear as a playable character in Cars 3: Driven to Win.
Personality and traits
Storm's incredible abilities are responsible for his quiet confidence, as Storm is well aware of his own strength, and he believes he is representative of his racing generation as a whole. As a result of this, Storm carries a cocky demeanor, which others view as off-putting. He also doesn't like being beat and will be aggressive , as seen when Cruz was pushed against the wall by him.
Physical descriptionHaving been built specifically for racing, Storm's design is quite advanced, and his sleek model was constructed with carbon fiber and metal composite, with the concept of speed in mind. A 2017 Custom built 'Next-Gen' Piston Cup Racer, his chassis is built with hydroformed alloy and steel. His Maximum Performance V-8 engine with 850 horsepower is responsible for his ability to reach 0-60 in 3.6 seconds, as well as his top speed of 214 miles per hour.
Storm is painted in a black livery, with his doors sporting a design resembling a thick blue lightning bolt. His sides also feature his racing number, 20, as well as logos of various sponsors, including the Piston Cup, Combustr, Carbon Cyber, and SynerG, in addition to his own sponsor, IGNTR Liquid Adrenaline.
Profiles and statistics
- Official bio
- "Jackson Storm is fast, sleek and ready to race. A frontrunner in the next generation of racers, Storm's quiet confidence and cocky demeanor are off-putting—but his unmatched speed threatens to redefine the sport. Trained on high-tech simulators that are programmed to perfect technique and maximize velocity, Jackson Storm is literally built to be unbeatable—and he knows it."
- Top Speed: 214 mph (344 kph)
- 0-60 mph: 3.6 seconds
- Engine Type: Maximum Performance V-8
- Power: 850 hp (634 kW)
- Chassis: Hydrformed alloy & steel
- Body: Carbon fiber & metal composite
- For this subject's image gallery, see Jackson Storm/Gallery.
- "Good luck out there. You're gonna need it!" - Cars 3
- "I think you heard me." - Cars 3
- "Hey champ, where did all your friends go?" - Cars 3
- ''Enjoy your retirement!'' - Cars 3
Names in other languages
|Spanish||Jackson Storm||Jackson Storm|
|French||Jackson Storm||Jackson Storm|
|Polish||Jackson Sztorm||Jackson Storm|
|Russian, Ukrainian||Джексон Шторм||Jackson Storm|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Cars 3 first look: Meet Pixar's new millennials
- ↑ "Cars 3 "Lightning Strikes" Extended Look" on YouTube
- ↑ Cars 3: The Junior Novelization
- ↑ Sneak peek: 'Cars 3' zooms ahead with new character Cruz Ramirez
- ↑ Cars 3 "Rivalry" Movie Clip (see 0:17 timestamp)
- ↑ Cars 3 New Characters
- ↑ Meet Jackson Storm - Disney/Pixar's Cars 3
|Cars 3: Driven to Win|