Sweden Reigning Rally Car / Swedish Racecar
Gudmund is a Swedish rally car from Cars: Mater-National Championship. He is also a champion in his home country, as well as the second competitor that Lightning McQueen meets in the game. In races, Gudmund has very good handling, acceleration, and stability, but falls short with low boost stats.
Cars: Mater-National ChampionshipIn Cars: Mater-National Championship, Gudmund makes his first appearance in Luigi and Guido's Team Relay 2, where he is one of the opposing teams with Sonny and Barry.
He then appears in the cut-scene for Rustbucket Grand Prix, where he is seen driving out of the tunnel. He then introduces himself to Lightning McQueen and Sarge, and challenges them to a race in the dark tunnel. Lightning says that he can't race because he has no headlights and that he's scared of crashing, but then Sarge gave him his night vision goggles, so now they could race in the dark tunnel. He races in the race, then in the end-scene, he tells about a story about a monster called the Haunted Hook. Then Lightning tries to introduce him to Mater, but Mater thought he was the Ghostlight, and Gudmund thought Mater was the Haunted Hook, so they ran away from each other.
Gudmund can be purchased as a playable character in Arcade Mode for 20,000 bonus points, his stats being 2 for boost, 4 for acceleration, 4 for handling, and 4 for stability.
Gudmund is a 1980 Audi Quattro that is painted yellow and blue, with four headlights on his roof to help him see better in dark tunnels. On his roof, he has a vertical blue stripe, as well as a sticker that reads "Rallye Moto Car", along with the number 46. He also has a sticker on his left side that reads "Service" and "46".
Gudmund is a fair and friendly competitor with a good sense of humor, always keeping a cheerful attitude whenever he meets a new challenger in the racing world. While he can be a taunting presence on the circuit, especially with his tendencies to turn around backwards and drive with great skill and agility.
Powers and abilities
As Gudmund is a champion in his home country of Sweden, he is one of the top racers on the circuit, specializing in acceleration and maneuverability, but lacking in boost abilities. As evidenced by his constant driving backwards during races, Gudmund has amazing backwards driving abilities, rivaling the skills of Mater, Emma, Otto, Koji, and Giovanni.
Profiles and statistics
Cars: Mater-National Championship
- "Gudmund is the reigning rally car champ of Sweden...and a bit of a wild man! He loves to stir things up both on and off the track and takes any challenge head on. With his huge headlights, he's happy kicking up dirt clouds in the middle of the night, even if he's the only one out there. He's got a dry, off-kilter sense of humour, but he's a fair, fun and friendly competitor all the same."
- Boost: 2
- Acceleration: 4
- Handling: 4
- Stability: 4
- "Nice trick, right?" - Cars: Mater-National Championship
- "Let's go fill these treads with some nice desert sand." - Cars: Mater-National Championship
- "I'm Gudmund, just like it says right there - Gudmund." - Cars: Mater-National Championship
Names in other languages
- The data of Cars: Mater-National Championship refers to Gudmund as "Sven", implying that this was originally intended to be his name, as it is a Swedish name. It is unknown why his name was changed.