This article or section contains spoilers regarding an upcoming or recently released product. For those who would like to avoid said information, please turn back or proceed with caution.
Trainer and race technician at the Rust-eze Racing Center
Cruz Ramirez is a young, Hispanic racing trainer and technician who works at the Rust-eze Racing Center. An admirer of McQueen's talents, Ramirez eagerly assists the veteran racer when he turns to her for help following his accident while racing in the Piston Cup.
HistoryIn Cars 3, Lightning McQueen faces an array of new rookies in the 2017 Piston Cup racing season, including the high-tech superstar Jackson Storm. Throughout the season, Storm picks up many victories, consistently placing ahead of McQueen. Later in the season, a crash during one of the races forces Lightning out of the sport, and he must find a way to recover and prove himself to those questioning the possibility of his retirement.
During his recovery efforts, McQueen calls upon Ramirez, who is eager to help one of her long-time idols. Their efforts include visiting the Thomasville Speedway, an abandoned Piston Cup stadium with a dirt track. Ramirez and McQueen aim to defeat Storm in the Florida 500, an upcoming major Piston Cup event. Ramirez also uses a voice command assistant named Hamilton.
Personality and traits
Ramirez is described as optimistic, sunny, and fierce. As a racing trainer, she enjoys assisting other cars in improving their racing abilities, including Lightning McQueen, whom she greatly admires.
Ramirez is a 2017 CRS Sports Coupe with an aerodynamic venturi channeled chassis. Her High Performance DOHC V-6 engine correlates with her ability to go from 0-60 in 3.8 seconds, as well as her top speed of 210 miles per hour. Her license plate reads "C01-06A".
She has a yellow livery, with the Rust-eze Racing Center emblem on her doors, indicating she is a member of Team 95.
Profiles and statistics
- Official bio
- "Cruz may be on Jackson's side of the age gap, but she is on Lightning's side of the conflict. As a lifelong fan of McQueen, she is optimistic, sunny, fierce, and friendly — and now, she is his new, younger coach, coming to Lightning's aid with stars in her eyes when he shows up at the Rust-eze Racing Center."
- Vehicle type: 2017 CRS Sports Coupe
- Top Speed: 210 mph
- 0-60 mph: 3.8 seconds
- Engine Type: High Performance DOHC V-6
- Chassis: Aerodynamic Venturi Channeled
- Body: Lightweight alloy
- For this subject's image gallery, see Cruz Ramirez/Gallery.
Names in other languages
|Spanish||Cruz Ramirez||Cruz Ramirez|
|French||Cruz Ramirez||Cruz Ramirez|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Cars 3 first look: Meet Pixar's new millennials
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Cars 3 "Lightning Strikes" Extended Look" on YouTube
- ↑ Sneak peek: 'Cars 3' zooms ahead with new character Cruz Ramirez
- ↑ Cars 3 reveals new details about Kerry Washington, Nathan Fillion and Lewis Hamilton's characters
- ↑ "Meet Cruz Ramirez - Disney/Pixar's Cars 3" on YouTube