Blue, white, black
Piston Cup racer
- "Don't take me out, Coach. I can still race!"
- —Chuck Armstrong, Cars
Chuck Armstrong is one of the two racers for the Mood Springs team in the Piston Cup Racing Series, the other one being Banks. He is an Axxelo Fission, a model that resembles that of a Chevrolet Impala SS. He is painted dark blue, with the Mood Springs logo on his hood and the number 33 painted in white on his doors and roof.
In Cars, Chuck competes in the Dinoco 400 at the Motor Speedway of the South. During the race, an accident occurs between all of the competitors except Lightning McQueen, Chick Hicks, Strip Weathers, Mac iCar, Eugene Carbureski and Dale Earnhardt, Jr. Armstrong receives intense severe damage from the crash, and as Tow tows him away, Armstrong interjects, claiming he is still able to compete. Later, Chuck rejoins the race. However, this was probably an animation error.
Profiles and statistics
- "Chuck Armstrong has always had a slight allergy to certain fuels. As a result those fuels make it a little difficult for him to be within a five foot radius of them. Once he started racing professionally, not only did the problem not go away, it actually got worse at high speeds. It got so bad the other cars didn't want to pass him. Chuck hopes he's a good example of how a problem can be an asset."
Names in other languages
|Spanish||Chuck Armstrong||Chuck Armstrong|
|French||Chuck Armstrong||Chuck Armstrong|
|German||Chuck Armstrong||Chuck Armstrong|
|Polish||Czarek Buła||Czarek Buła|
- When Chuck is shown flying through the air, his voice sounds rather feminine, but when he speaks while being towed away, his voice is more masculine.
- Prototype images of Chuck's die-cast model incorrectly depict him as a Capitol Motors Verve XT. The actual release, however, remains accurate to his appearance in Cars.
- Besides Lightning McQueen, Chick Hicks, Strip Weathers and Dale Earnhardt Jr., Chuck is the only Piston Cup racer to have a speaking role in the first movie.
- He was the most damaged racer in the wreck
- He was seen racing again after being disqualified near at the back of the restart.