Piston Cup racer
- "You can't do this! I've raced for you guys almost ten years!"
- —Brick Yardley, Cars 3
Brick Yardley is a professional race car and a friend of Lightning McQueen. He raced for the Vitoline team in the Piston Cup Racing Series for nearly ten years, after replacing James Cleanair and Aikens. However, Brick was fired and replaced by a next-generation racer named Chase Racelott at the end of the 2016 season.
In Cars 3, Brick had two wins during the 2015 Piston Cup season, but also competed in the 2016 Piston Cup season. Despite previously being able to keep up with even the best of opponents, Brick begins to have trouble competing with next-generation models like Jackson Storm. Right before the last race of the season, Vitoline's manager fires Brick and replaces him with a new, next-generation racer named Chase Racelott. Brick tries convincing his manager to let him keep racing, but to no avail. Lightning witnesses this and asks Bobby Swift if he knows what is going on, only to find out he has also been replaced by a next-generation racer.
Cars 3: Driven to Win
Yardley is a playable character in Cars 3: Driven to Win. Like most of the playable characters, he is unlocked by completing an uncertain amount of skill checks.
Profiles and statistics
- "Brick Yardley has been able to beat Lightning McQueen on several occasions. He's a great racer, but first and foremost, he's a great friend. If there's one thing he loves more than racing in the Piston Cup, it's the friendships he has made during the course of his racing career."
- "Hey, I-I had two wins last year!" - Cars 3
- "Come on! Does anybody want an autograph?" - Cars 3: Driven to Win
Names in other languages
|Spanish||Brick Yardley||Brick Yardley|
|Polish||Byku Pustak||Bull Airbrick|
|Русский||Бенз Зинос||Gaso Liner|
- His name is likely a reference to the "Brickyard", a common nickname for the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. This is also where the father of Chase Elliott won.
- His hauler is named Steve Carski, and is one of the few team haulers, along with Mack, Gray, Gale Beaufort and Eric Roadales, that has a proper name.
|Cars 3: Driven to Win|