Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Professor Z's Henchman
Acer is a green Pacer, who serves as second-in-command during the World Grand Prix sabotage.
In Cars 2, Professor Z puts Acer and Grem in charge of operating the electromagnetic pulse camera, to blow the engines of the WGP competitors so that Allinol will look bad. During the fight in London, Acer and Grem are thrown into a bar, where they are beaten up by the cars in there.
Cars 2: The Video Game
In Cars 2: The Video Game, Acer appears as an unlockable playable character, available once the "Road Trip" crest is earned. Another version of him, Gunner Acer, can be unlocked by earning the "Road Rage" badge. Both versions are light weights, and consist of more speed than power.
PersonalityAcer is an evil-minded car, as he is working for Professor Z in hopes of destroying the World Grand Prix and have his make model be the strongest in the world.
He can also be considered a little dumb, as he often sees light-hearted things that Grem doesn't.
Acer is a 1975 AMC Pacer, as his hood states and his name originates from. His top speed is 99 mph, with a 0-60 of 16 seconds. His engine type is a 232 c.i straight 6 with two-barrel carburetor, with a horsepower of 120.
His license plate is FSHBWL, a reference to "fish bowl," the nickname that was given to AMC Pacers.
Acer is painted light green, with some rust along his undercarriage.
Powers and abilitiesAcer is a skilled combatant and gunman, often put in charge of handling guns and missiles by his boss, Professor Z. He was also put in charge of wielding a blow torch during the lemons' fight against Finn McMissile in the back streets of Tokyo.
Additionally, Acer has shown fairly decent racing abilities in media such as Cars 2: The Video Game, as well as being agile and fast. He is apparently more dependant on speed than power, and, according to his Cars 2: The Video Game stats, is a light car.
FriendsThough Acer was not shown to be "friends" with anyone other than Grem, Acer had an entire organization of allies that assisted Professor Z and Miles Axlerod in making sure that cars would hate Allinol and would switch back to regular fuel.
EnemiesAcer made many enemies during the lemons' scheme, including nearly all of the Radiator Springs residents, the entire C.H.R.O.M.E. agency, and several tougher cars that hung out at Ye Left Turn Inn. Acer's main enemy was Mater, who had been mistaken for the American spy that the lemons were supposed to hunt down. However, Acer and Grem met their demise at the end of Cars 2, and were supposedly arrested after being brutally beaten up by several Ye Left Turn Inn regulars.
Official profiles and statistics
- "Acer has always felt like an outcast in the car world. The beat-up green AMC Pacer joined forces with his fellow “lemon” cars as henchmen for the devious Professor Z, whose clandestine mission is to wreak havoc at the highly visible World Grand Prix. Acer must hunt down the American and British secret agents who have stolen crucial information about Professor Z’s underhanded plot. His primary target just happens to be Mater, who has been mistaken for a spy. Acer tries very hard to be a tough guy, but he is over eager compared to his no nonsense partner Grem."
Cars 2: The Video Game
- Acer: "This Pacer is tough, using his attitude to compensate for his clunkiness. A loudmouth by nature, it's a wonder that Grem has enough patience to put up with him."
- Gunner Acer: "When you're an internationally wanted lemon, sometimes it's important to protect your roof."
- Weight: Light
- Speed: 75
- Power: 25
- Peter Jacobson - All appearances
- For this subject's image gallery, see Gallery:Acer.
- "He's getting away!" - Cars 2
- "Finn McMissile? But you're dead!" - Cars 2
- "The next time he makes a stop, instead of saying 'ka-chow', he's gonna go 'ka-boom'!" - Cars 2
Names in other languages
|Polish||Fred Carton||Carton Fred|
- Among other inscriptions, Acer's tires read "Road Hug - Rack And Minion."
- His VIN number is A58667A372159.
- There was a costume of him on The World of Cars Online, which you could get from Ramone's House of Body Art before the game closed down.
- He is wanted in the United States, China, England, Japan, Spain and the Czech Republic for Grand Theft, Larceny, Blocking Traffic and Smog Certification.
- In the Cars 2 magazine with the 56 page Cars 2 Movie Comic, when Holley stops him and Grem from getting Lightning and Mater, they landed in a garbage truck instead of ending up in "Ye Left Turn Inn."
- Acer's LEGO car for some reason shows him with green eyes instead of brown eyes like in his other appearances.
- Acer's name originates from the word "Pacer," but without the "P."
|Cars 2: The Video Game|